Day 30: Citius, Altius, Fortius

I’ve been more aware of the Olympics than I have ever been in my life. I dunno why, but it’s interesting to watch. Last night, I was watching synchronized swimming. Absolutely amazing what people can do when they put their minds to it. Absolutely, making the impossible possible.

Well, as pumped as I may seem, I’m slightly sick again. My bad case of hives has returned, and it came back with the whole package, stomach war and all. So, I’ll make this very brief…

I had my first two classes at FUC today!

I had my advanced Castellano and Theories and Aesthetics of Show Biz today. I like both of the classes, alhough the theory and aesthetics class kind of reminds me of a mix between econ and philosophy and it’s slightly hard to follow. Luckily, I took philosophy so I have some background, and econ…I just have to deal.

I was actually debating whether to go to this class or not because it started at 7:45pm and I wasn’t feel good at all, and my hives was at its peak. I was actually halfway down my street toward the subway station when I was about to turn around to go back to puke my brains out and pass out in bed. What stopped me? I saw friend of mine from my program, and I guess just talking to her got me in the spirit to talk to more people, so I decided to go to class. I’m glad.

For my Castellano class, we got four different books, one fiction novel, one non-fiction novel, a play, and a book of essays. They’re ours to keep! Yay! [I actually have a whole library to take back home…seriously].

The people at FUC are really chill. I like it a lot. I was really worried, too because up until yesterday, my academic experience here wasn’t too appealing to me. Oh, but I found out today, that I don’t have to take a class outside of FUC. Therefore, I’ve changed my schedule so that all of my classes are at FUC, meaning I get to take all of my classes concentrated on film.

WIN.

I was so happy when I heard that. Finally, I’m realizing my purpose for being here. I just need to keep it up. Definitely, the challenge is to maintain this momentum and just keep reaching higher and higher. [Just wait, I’ll be in a slump tomorrow…] But, I’ll definitely do everything I can to re-determine my determinations.

Citius, Altius, Fortius. // Swifter, Higher, Stronger.

This is a Latin phrase used in the Olympics. It shouldn’t just be used for an event that happens every 2-4 years. It’s everyday. Everyday, we should grow swifter than yesterday [to rush to the battlefield of kosen-rufu]. Everyday, we should reach higher than yesterday [to make the impossible possible]. Everyday, we should become stronger than yesterday [to encourage others to do the same]. I was reading wikipedia and found this:

“The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well.”

It’s so true.

///

Yay. I’m up-to-date now.

No comments: