Day 58: Sometimes I Make Myself Wonder…

First off, I would like to say: “oversleeping” is not synonymous for “being late,” though it is possible to use both in a cause and effect sentence. For example, “I am late because I overslept.” Today, I completely defied that. I definitely overslept [my alarm clock], but I made it on time for class. It’s one of those days when you find yourself waking up before your alarm clock and you fall asleep again, and then before you know it, the next time you wake up, you’re supposed to be half way towards the subway.

I ran… It was almost embarrassing, though I didn’t care at the time. It’s funny how I stress so easily. The moment I got to the university, I walked up to the door of my classroom and tugged on it for a while, thinking it was stuck. Nope. Just locked. And then, I texted my professor asking him where class was. Turns out he wasn’t even there yet. So, it was a big sigh of relief.

Anyway, I found myself thinking the ENTIRE day: “Think positive, Kusho. Positive, positive, positive!” This week is really shitty, I can already tell. I think it’s because I have so much to do for my classes. You know how there are some days when it seems that all of your professors [and only the professors YOU have] somehow coordinated to assign the most work, all during the SAME week.

Yeah. This is one of those weeks.

Literally, if you know what my pocket-size Moleskin notebook looks like, I have two full pages of things-to-dos. Argh. I hate my life right now. Yes, I’m being emo. Leave me be in my corner.

[dot dot dot]

So, here’s the thought that makes me wonder: the moment I jumped out of bed and ran my way to the subway, all I thought in was Spanish. “Mierda, mierda, mierda. Por qué me acosté tarde la noche pasada!” So… I think, somewhere between orientation and now, my mind made a switch. Or maybe it’s just because I didn’t have time to even flip a language switch and it just stuck to Spanish?

Whatever the case, I ended up speaking more Spanish in school today. Unfortunately, that led me to do a presentation by myself on one of the chapters of one of the readings for one of my hardest classes. -_-;;

At least I have 2 weeks to prepare.

Goody.

No comments: